Thursday, January 14, 2010

Gluttony

Ahh.. gluttony strikes again. I guess this is the one challenge in my life. The one thing I have habitually caved into in the past.... and still do in one form or another on a daily basis.

Gluttony has been my life. Self-indulgence.

For example today I went to the library to get 5 books. Did you hear that? I said 5. Well... when I got to the library all hell broke loose and title after title I began dropping into my shopping basket (they have shopping baskets at the library now) like I was picking big juicy ripe berries off the bush. 

Intention = big me.  Actual= little me.  The story is the same, different topic/different day.

Will I read all of them or listen to all of them? My history says that I will not. My history says that I will dabble a little in each title...  maybe a paragraph here, or a chapter there, but I typically won't invest myself fully into any certain book. Typically.

Success is done with a definite chief aim as Napoleon Hill puts it. What is my definite chief aim? Total and complete transcendence of my current self... in the mortal realm preferably.

You see this library book gluttony isn't so bad... you see. I am slowly transcending from my,'I need to PURCHASE every book,' at the bookstore so it can sit in my bathroom for weeks to simply borrowing every book. (and of course I would dream of taking a library book in the bathroom with me) ;)

Why the quest for knowledge? Do I really need to know anything to transcend my current self...  no, just like everything else in life. All I have to do is DECIDE to do it. This book gluttony.. this self-indulgence is nothing more than a mating ritual before I get right down to business and just do it.

Funny little humans we are.

lol

~C.

No comments:

Post a Comment