Thursday, January 21, 2010

Enlightenment

Enlightenment is what I seek, enlightenment is what I get.

Awareness is the very very very first part of change. You need to be aware of something before you can accept it... then change it if you want.

Today I sought feedback and here is what came of it.

A. I have a fear of being weak and powerless
B. I am defensive
C. Oh... and I am so out of touch with my emotions
D. I am trying to own my weakness, but have a conflict with the desire to keep myself safe
E. Fear of criticism...  ( I don't 100% believe this one.. as I continually put myself out there for judgment and criticism.)
F. Oh and I would be better off if I slowed down
G. Also I am impatient
H. I put a lot of stress on myself

Yeah for awareness!!!! Now comes the fun stuff.

4 comments:

  1. Oh and I forgot one major one.. this is so funny that I "forgot" to add this, but I am AVOIDANT!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. E. fear of criticism...Continually....defined as : without cessation or intermission; unceasingly; always
    Do you put your self out there everytime...truly?
    I think you can put your self out there but that does not change the possibilty of being fearful of critism....we can face our fears but that does not make them go away...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what Tim? I think it is EASIER for me to physically put myself out there through sports... but to put myself out there by letting you know that I feel weak may be just the thing that I protect.

    Probably similar to people with excessive tattoos and piercings who would rather get attention for the art they wear on their bodies as a way to keep people from prying past the surface.

    Just a thought.. off to bed now.
    ~C

    ReplyDelete