Thursday, February 4, 2010

Taking my own advice

Yes. I LOVE giving advice. Everyone LOVES a person who is ready, willing, and able to tell them what they "should" do. I am totally being sarcastic here. I know nobody loves that.

Anyway I am quick to give it.. why? Because I am so gosh darn insightful.. but you know what? I realized that I haven't been taking my own advice. I have been dishing it out in the hopes that other people will do what I don't have the balls to do. In some way if I can get someone else to rise up and be empowered in their own life that it will inspire me and light a fire under my own ass to do the same.

So I have to ask myself... who is it that I am really talking to? Am I talking to you or am I talking to myself?

You see I am passionate about certain things, but yet remain fearful. It's so easy to say one thing and so difficult to do. That's why the saying goes, "Easier said, than done."

I am on the cusp of change here. I don't just FEEL like my back is against the wall. But my back is ACTUALLY against the wall. I am in one of those fight or flight situations and you know what, my instinct tells me to fight. Fight, fight, fight and go out there and get what I am worth and make no apologies. None.

I actually do think this is possible now because of all the preaching I have done over the years. The voice I use to cheer others on... some of you have heard it. It is a "take no prisoners" voice and it is firm and it means business and doesn't put up with bullshit. That voice that I have used at the edge of the mat screaming my head off for my teammates in wrestling, the voice that I used to scream my head off at the edge of the track for my fellow teammates in track....  the voice I use to shout at the TV while watching all of the Rocky, Visionquest, Gladiator, Rudy type movies...  watching the Contender...  you name it.

That voice is now shouting at me! Go Cindy Go... DO IT and MAKE NO APOLOGIES!!! IT IS TIME GIRL, NOW GO!!

~C.

1 comment:

  1. Girl fight......excuse my lingo but fing fight for what you want in this life, flight is just your mind and body's way of saving you from what make you feel uncomfortable. You are on the Cusp. Do you not want something just one time? Then get that back off the wall and fight so I can scream at the top of my lungs when you are reaching the stars. Do you not know how close you really are?

    ReplyDelete