Saturday, December 19, 2009

To Love is To Be Happy With

I was just sitting at Starbucks reading To Love Is To Be Happy With by Barry Neil Kaufman and without a doubt this is the answer for me. I want to master myself. I want to live "in the attitude" all of the time. I want to operate from the attitude.

I can see that my attitude is the key to reaching my son. When I attended the Son-rise Start Up program back in 2001, I didn't really get it. I thought... yeah, yeah, yeah... but what do I do? I have always been results oriented instead of process oriented. I have always based my happiness on a desirable result. Nine years later I realized that it's not whether you win or lose in life... it is how you play the game. Life is a process, not a race. Now I realize I can most likely get a desirable result because I am operating from happiness not because the happiness is dependent on a desirable result.

It took me a while, but that's OK. Now I know. Now I realize it isn't about how do I fix my son so that I can be happy with him, it's about accepting him as he is. It's about wanting everything and needing nothing. It's about coming from a place of happiness rather than from a place of desperation.

I don't give up on what I want. I persist.

I have dreams for my son... My dream is for him to realize his own dreams. My role is to help him to help himself.

My commitment is to immerse myself in the Option attitude with the intention of becoming the change I want to see. It all starts with me.

~C.

5 comments:

  1. I feel a little lost as to who your son is. First I thought it Griffen, now maybe Spencer? i can't find any direct reference to one's son's name in either blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Benevolent Warrior... my son's name is private. It isn't Griffen or Spencer although they are nice names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visionquester your nameless amazing child has a beautiful mother that has worked her tail to the bone for him. One day he will fly because of you and your love!

    ReplyDelete